Trading stocks on stock exchanges is a pretty serious business that requires careful preparation. You should not rely only on luck – the exchange is not at all like a casino, it requires analysis and accurate decision making. That is why you should first hone your practical skills, watch stock quotes online in real time, and then start trading.
What affects the securities market?
The stock market, like all segments of the exchange, is influenced by a large number of objective factors. Trading stocks on the exchange, both for experienced traders and newcomers to this profession, are risks. That is why it is worth paying attention to the following events, which can greatly change the online stock price charts, even those that are considered very stable:
- News in world politics and economics;
- Fluctuations in exchange rates that are leading in the market;
- Mergers of companies whose shares are in your portfolio, acquisitions and expansions, increasing the range of their products, releasing new models or mastering new areas of activity;
- Annual reports of companies;
- “Insider” information that is intentionally disseminated.
What should be done before starting trading in securities?
Remember that the stock market is a very fluid environment, where at one moment the value of shares can be very high, and at another moment they can be made into a simple paper. Therefore, before purchasing assets, we advise you to decide on such circumstances as:
- Investment terms;
- The size of investments that you are mentally prepared to lose in case of collapse;
- The volume and nature of the risks to which you can accept;
- A platform for trading stocks;
- An individual strategy for the shares of a particular company.
Trading stocks will require maximum calculation and composure from you. If you act according to a pre-planned plan and stay on this path, then you will quickly achieve success. We also advise you to check the stock quotes online from time to time to keep abreast of what is happening in the market.
How to make money from stocks?
If you want to make money trading stocks, then adhere to the following rules:
- Diversify – there are periods when the securities of large companies fall sharply in their price. That is why it is worth dividing investments in advance into several portfolios, which will contain the shares of the selected companies. Thanks to this, you will be able to compensate for a loss in one portfolio with a profit from another position.
- Use contracts for difference. Thanks to CFD contacts, with a correctly predicted price movement at a specific time, you can get a long-awaited profit. In this case, you are not a real shareholder, but you can use a lot of leverage. You will be in the black if the asset price goes up, and in the red if it starts to fall.
When you start trading securities, remember that a small profit is better than a small loss. That is why give preference to stable low returns over risky contracts with a large amount.